How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Leaving Guatemala








I returned Emma to Astrid and Christian this morning. She was so excited to see them. I cannot begin to tell you how much easier handing her off to people who love her so much is! I truly couldn't have been blessed with a better first family for Emma.
Here are a few pictures taken last night at dinner and when Emma when to bed. She had been a joy this trip. Rob and I am are planning our next visit...hopefully a 3-4 day trip in November after Jay's birthday and before Thanksgiving! I will keep you posted on the date as soon as I have them confirmed.

We fly out of Guatemala at 1:05 (3:05 your time) and will be back to Cinci around 11:00 tonight!

Please take another look at my "How you can HELP Emma come home" post. We really need as many people taking action as possible.

There is going to a segment tonight on CNN with Anderson Cooper. I am going to have Rob DVR it so I can see when I get home. I think it airs at 10:00 Eastern. It is going to be about Guatemalan Adoptions. I am not sure the spin of the coverage but they were here at the Marriott the day before we arrived interviewing people. I pray it is a fair and balanced report of the situation here in Guatemala...but fear it might take an anti-international adoption spin.

Amy

1 comment:

Our Family of 5 said...

OH goodness, she is a beauty! I admire your strength!!