How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

2-16-08 Let's talk HAIR

I LOVE Emma's hair right after she has her bath. It is beautiful. She looks pretty and we get lots and lots of comments like "Oh look at that beautiful hair!" "She has way too much hair to not yet be one." "I wish I/my child/my baby/my little girl had hair like that!" "She is so lucky to have such great hair." I am struggling with what to do with her hair and not feeling too lucky right now. She pulls anything out of it that I put in it. She HATES her clippies (and yes I probably have about 100 to match anything and everything you can think of). She will NOT keep her hair in pony tails....if something is in her hair it is her mission to REMOVE it as fast as possible and put it in her mouth to explore.

Here is the way her hair looks like right after her bath when she is dressed and ready to go.




....and here are some other hair pictures.
Emma trying to get her bow out....it had been in her hair all of 20 seconds!

Emma's cousin trying to help you get her bow out.

Even a 1 year old cannot stand all that hair in her face!

What do you think about this hair style....have I mentioned static? Her hair gets very, very crazy!




Yesterday Drew and I decided something HAD to be done. It was either cut it or try something different. Drew had the idea that if we put lots and lots of clips it will work...because she will get confused and not know what to pull out. So here is what we did together on Emma's hair.



Look how beautiful her little face is when you can see it! Even if she has 10 clippies and pony tail holder!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I could not stop laughing when you said, "She will get confused and not know what to pull out." Are you kidding me? I love that this is what parenting comes to... hoping they're confused enough to get something by them. Seriously, this is my worst fear realized-- my child being much smarter than me. At least you have the added help from Drew to plot against your infant. Wish I had a 4-year-old to help me.

haha.
love, Amanda

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the good laugh! I'm in Guate right now and feeling overwhelmed, and the pictures of Emma's static-y hair were just what I needed!

--Jennifer (Daniel's mom)

Susie said...

Love the static hair! So cute....either way, she is adorable, bows or not. Susie

Jaimee said...

That is hilarious! I laughed on a.com and I'm laughing again. Isabela has started to pull her headbands out, but I usually can just put them right back in. She doesn't pull her clippies out yet and she doesn't have half the hair that Miss Emma has. Have you thought about cutting it in a cute little bob with bangs? I know it won't solve the static problem, but it would be stylish and also keep most of it out of her face. I met Emma, so I know what a firecracker she is. I imagine if she doesn't want bows in her hair, you will not get them in her hair. LOL! I think I also saw someone mention those rubber bands that don't tangle. I bought some for Isabela but haven't tried them yet. I CANNOT believe you can put your 10 month old's hair in a pony tail. That is crazy. Have fun with it Amy. Emma is always darling!

-Jaimee

Shelia said...

This is now officially my favorite blog!!! I was sitting in the boardroom and had to show everyone how cute the static hair was. What a great way to start a Monday morning. This is way to cute. There are other ways to keep her hair out of her eyes without cutting it...we'll discuss tonight :o) Love the pictures and can't wait to see you all tonight.

Amy said...

What hilarious hair pics!!! Emma is just precious. We have the opposite problem. Layna will leave things in her hair, but her hair is so fine...nothing seems to stay in for very long. I wish I had advice for you! Maybe a little trim might help. We are considering getting Layna's trimmed just to get it out of her eyes.

Dr. Samantha said...

omg that static is flipping hysterical. we live somewhere that there isn't really any static but boy do i remember my own hair doing that as a kid.

she is gorgeous, static, bows, hair in her face, whatever. :)