How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Today marks 1 month since we return from Guatemala with Emma. It has been a wonderful month....but to be honest it doesn't seem like a month. We feel like she has been with us forever! She is doing so so so well. I almost hate to type that in fear of jinxing how well she is doing.
Here's what she is doing now:
1. Crawling EVERYWHERE... there is NO place that is off limits to her. She a girl on the move.
2. She is "talking" she says Mamamama, dadadadadada, geeegeeegeeegeee (we think she is trying to doggee), lolololo, ahhhhh, ohhhhh and she sometimes just yells. She is exploring her voice and the sounds she can create. She gets so excited and is proud of herself when she "talks".
3. She does "tricks". We play this song/game "Clap em Clap em Clap em. Roll em Roll em Rollem. Put em up high and shake em." My boys loved this too. Emma thinks it is much fun. I have to get a video of this..it is too cute!
4. Peek-a-boo is another favorite game....along with Creepy Mouse!
5. She LOVES the bathtub! She cries when we walk in the bathroom and reaches for it. She enjoys her bath time so much. She cries when she has to get out. It is so cute.
6. She is a great eater. She eats lots and lots of things.....fruits---pears, apples, bananas, plums, peaches....Veggies- carrots, sweat potatoes, green beans, squash, peas meets---turkey and rice, chicken and veggies, chicken and tomatoes....you name it she likes it!
7. She likes to leave the house. She likes looking at everything. Food at the store, shoes today at the shoe shop, the boxes at Sams....she enjoys exploring it all.
8. She is pulling up. She pulls up in her pack-n-play, in her crib, when she is crawling around.
9. She will transfer from the table to the couch to the chair....and from person to person. She is getting so close to walking!
10. She loves us----especially her brothers. She thinks Drew is so cool. She wants to pull and play with his hair. She smiles at him and he loves it. She loves her biggest brother Jay too. He enjoys "walking" her and pushing her in her walker and stroller. He has been such a great help to us. She wants to take very, very good care of her.
This morning we were sitting in her room play with some of her toys. This video is of her playing with her bunny. I took this bunny down and asked the foster family to record a message to Emma. It is something she will have forever of their voices and their special message for her. I know it was hard for them but I am so happy they were able to give this gift to Emma. I just feel so lucky about our foster family. Does anyone know spanish well? If so, let me know what they are staying. I would love to have the translation!


Here are some pictures of her from this morning too.






9 comments:

Amanda said...

Where are the pics, silly pants? Bring 'em on!

Amanda

Amanda said...

SOOO cute!!!

She seems so big now that she's on the move. Gabi is pulling up and cruising too. So fun!

Amanda

Amy said...

She is getting so big!!! The pictures are adorable...and I love the bunny. That was a great idea. I am so glad things are going so well, and I can't believe you have been home a month already. It seems like just yesterday you were so anxious to get home! My, how time flies.

Susie said...

Oh this little Emma is soooooo cute!

Pineapple Princess said...

Did you get your bunny recording translations? If not, post on my blog and I'll translate for you.

Love,
Stacy
adoptbellagrace.blogspot.com

Shelia said...

The video is wonderful. She fills my heart with so much joy. I love this tiny princess. I am addicted to Ms. Emma. I can't beleive its been a month since she has been home!wow, it took forever to get her here and now time is flying.

Pineapple Princess said...

Bunny recording translation:
Woman: "Emma, I love you with all of my heart. I am going to miss you. I love you, my sweetie."
Man: "I will miss you so much at our house, Emma." Then he said something about "family", but it wasn't clear enough for me to understand it.
Child/Children: "I love you, Emma. I love you, Emma. We will miss you SO MUCH!"

With love,
Stacy

Pineapple Princess said...

I listened again to the man's voice and I figured it out...
Man: "We will always be like family."

What an AMAZING blessing her first family was. You are so blessed!

Stacy

Jaimee said...

That bunny video is priceless. I love seeing and hearing about Emma. She looks so happy!

-Jaimee