How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Friday pictures!

We are here and Emma is with US! Mom and I are speechless....what can I say?! Every time we see her she grows so much and is even more beautiful! She did very well at first and Astrid was able to stay here for almost an hour with us. We tried to talk as best we could with broken Spanish-English! She has had one major meltdown since Astrid left...I think the last picture was taken a few minutes after Astrid left and she was starting to notice her missing.

Right now she is on the couch watching some cartoons with music. She is going to fit into our family perfectly! Hang on...she just fell asleep as I typed!

I will post more on my talk with our lawyer and what you can do to help. There were some severe warning posted on September 27th about the state of adoptions in Guatemala. It was even initially said that Guatemala was NOT going to grandfather in cases...so cases not completed by December 31st were in serious danger of not being able to be completed. Today has shed some more light on the situation. I am going to post a link that I would like each of you to go to, read and if you support the petition please go and sign it. There is strength in numbers and the more poeple telling our government that they are directly affected and want cases to be completed, the better.
Just copy and paste this link.

http://www.petitiononline.com/foafoa1/petition.html







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hy Amy, welcome to Guatemala, Did you see your doughter how beautiful is? I`m so sad because I could`nt see you this time, I`ll live on wednesday to Puerto Barrios, but you have all my love, and expect to see next time. I`m pending of Emmas web page, and your news.
hugs, Carmen