How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

1-2-08 We have a ROOM!

WE HAVE A ROOM!

That says it ALL. Today is going to be better day! We have a place to stay. We are exploring and getting more comfortable with our new hotel. Today we are going to go and explore the shops here and the ones across the street. It is hard to make the days go fast and to not focus on how much longer we are "stuck" here. Today at breakfast my mom said we are "POAs" Prisoners of Adoption. That made me smile and in a way we are. We are stuck in the hotel with not that much to do. We have to put our smiles on and suck it up for Drew and Emma. Yesterday there was talk about us returning to the states (especially if we couldn't get rooms) and then Rob and I coming back down on the 13th and staying till the 16th. The more I thought about that...I just couldn't do it to Emma. She has already been left behind by two moms and I couldn't be the third. And it wouldn't be right to do that to her first family. They were so upset when they had to tell her good bye. I couldn't make them do it again. Emma has bonded so well to me, I couldn't leave her and lose the trust we have already established. We will suck it up and keep marking off the days will we can bring her home.
Knowing we have a place to stay that will not require me moving EVERYTHING again, is helping with my stress. I feel so much better today.
I also talked to Carolina this morning. She said that she will pick me up and take me to the Embassy on the 14th. She will stay with me and then bring me back to the hotel. I have been smiling since that conversation too. I was worried about getting there, knowing what to do, and where to go all by myself. Thanks for the words of support and prayers. They are working. Things are falling in place and I needed this to happen so I would lose my mind.
I will post some pictures of our new hotel and our trip outside the hotel later this afternoon/evening.
(((HUGS)))
Amy

2 comments:

"Aunt BB" said...

That is great!! I am so happy that you are not on the streets...lol We are all counting down the days until you all get home save and sound. Laci and Josh are taking Jay to the game friday night. He will have a fun but I have to work...YUK!! Well take care and we will see you soon!!
Barbie

Jack and Susie said...

So glad to hear you have a home away from home until you can come home! :) I love the pictures you are posting! Can Emma get any more adorable? AHHH! Keep us posted!
Susan