How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

1-6-08

Another day in Guatemala that brings us another day closer to bringing Emma home. We are counting down the days. Days here are the same...really nothing changes. You get up, have breakfast, do something while they clean up the room, back into the room, showers, figure out what is for dinner, eat, watch some TV and go to bed. That is the typical day here.
Here are some pictures from today. We did have a pretty good day. Everyone got in the pool today for a swim. Swimming really helps get the kids sleepy and brings bedtime earlier! Emma LOVES the water. I wasn't going to put her in but after she saw me swimming with Drew there was NO keeping her from the pool with us!

We are trying to teach Emma to hold her own bottle. We have been practicing...but she will only do it towards the end of her bottle.




I am also practicing how to fix little girl hair! Emma was not pleased with my first attempt.




But in the end....she was as cute as ever!

Oh I almost forget there was ANOTHER smaller earthquake today! It wasn't very long or nearly as long and scary as the first one...but the floor again felt like it was rolling and the curtains were shaking....I wanta be HOME!

3 comments:

Jack and Susie said...

Yikes - another earthquake! Glad to hear it wasn't too bad. The pictures are so cute. Emma has lots of hair to work with! Pearl is 10 1/2 months old and she doesn't have nearly as much hair. :)
Enjoy,
Susan

Shelia said...

her holding her bottle is so sweet, she'll get it. I'm going to have to have a class in girly hair styling and invite you!!! I nearly passed out when I saw the "waterfall" on top of that precious babys head!! yikes. I want you all home now.

Amanda said...

The first attempt... not-so-good. BUt the second was much better. You'll get it! I love seeing them play together. My friend, MK, is in love with Drew. Give them squeezes from us.

Amanda and Ed