How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

1-9-08 Embassy Appointmnet

Kimberly Yamileth Hxxxxxer soon to be readopted in OH and her name changed to Emma Liliana Hxxxxxer meets all the criteria to become a citizen of the United States of America. She will be a citizen as soon as our plane touches down in Houston on Friday the 11th around 4:30. We will be arriving in Cinci late on Friday evening. (If you are planning to come to the airport---everyone is invited---e-mail me for the specific time and location.)

The appointment was not at all what I expected. We had to go through security, much like the airport, to enter the Embassy. Hanging on the wall in the foyer are large pictures of President Bush, Vice President Chaney and Secretary of State Rice. There were 29 other babies and families in a small room with rows of hard blue chairs. Babies were crying or sleeping...lots of Moms and Dads tried to comfort their little one and make the time go faster. Emma was a wild little one for the first 30-40 minutes....then she went to sleep and slept through most of it...she woke up right before I had to sign the final papers and the man said "Congratulations Hxxxxxxer family. Your visa will be ready tomorrow at 3:30."
Carolina was with me and she was awesome. She had everything ready and held my hand through it all. She said do this, pay this, sign this..and it was done. Bryan was also there. He hugged and kissed me and Emma and congratulated us. It is weird...the feeling of standing there and knowing that it is offically over. After all the time, worry and stress our journey to bring Emma home is about to end. In 2 days, we will BE home....that is a miracle and something we thank God for every day.

Here are a few pictures from after the Embassy appointment. (We had to leave at 6:45 and neither Emma or I were up for before we left pictures. We were running around making sure everything was in order and we were ready to be picked up. We arrived "home" (yes I call hotels home now) around 9:30.








11 comments:

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is all yours and you are almost home now!!! I am VERY happy for you and your family! I think I heard your sigh of relief all the way in Illinois! HA HA!!

"Aunt BB" said...

Our family can't wait until we see you!! We all all sooo excited! Be safe and we will see ya on friday!!
Love Barbie

bellagirl said...

Fabulous! Congrats, I've been following you blog, Emma is 5 days younger then my Ana who has been in PGN for about a month now, fingers crossed that trip two is the charm!

http://www.babysites.com/sites/bellagirl/

Melissa waiting for Ana 9 mos. and Maite 2 years.

Jack and Susie said...

Congratulations! I am sure you are busy packing - how will you take everything home? Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Susan

Mindy said...

Oooooohhhh YAAAAAY!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! You guys look so PRETTY together! I love it..I LOVE this good news!
Hugs

Shelia said...

Bran says she wants baby Emma!!! She get's cuter and cuter with every picture. I am so happy for all of you. I love you all...be safe.

Amanda said...

IT'S OOOOVVVVEEEERRRRR!!! Couldn't be happier for you. So glad it's finished.

We think you were at the Embassy with Ed's childhood friend, Bryan, and his new son, Jose. He's 15 mos. old. How bizarre is that coincidence?

Can't wait to hear about your journey home. Tell Drew to blow Guat City a kiss for us.

Love, Amanda and Ed

Desarei said...

I have followed your story and I am so happy that Emma is going home finally!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! She is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen! Those eyes and that smile, say so so much.

Warmest Thoughts,
Desarei
Blessed mama to 7 beautiful babies

Shelia said...

Dear Ms. Emma,
I wanted to send you this note before I ever get to meet you personally. I have grown to love you from the moment I learned of your name. You see your mother told me she would have a daughter and her name would be Emma.
She will teach you right from wrong, manners and everything else you will need in life, but most of all she will love you unconditionally and will support you throughout your life...you see that is just her personality.

She is blessed to have you come into her life and to become part of her family...and you my precious little Emma is blessed to have such a wonderful loving family. I am excited to meet you. You will forever be in my heart and in my prayers, for I wish nothing but happiness for you from this day forward. I love you. Aunt Shelia

Amy, Jim, Ry, Evan, Nora said...

I can only imagine the "weird" feeling of not having to stress anymore. Many blessings and years of happiness for your family!!

Jaimee said...

Amy, you guys look beautiful! I'm so happy for all of you and thrilled that you will be home sooner. Congratulations on the offical end. I wish you a safe and happy trip home.
-Jaimee