How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Happy 7 Months Emma



Emma just turned 7 months! It is hard for me to believe it has been 7 months already! The first time I saw her she picture she was 2 days old and the first time I held her in my arms she was 11 days old. She was so tiny then....and now she is turning into such a big, beautiful little girl. I cannot wait to bring her home. I am doing my best to not stress about things I cannot control.
I learned from the agency yesterday that Emma had an accident on the 20th of the October. Hot water was spilled on her little face and she had some slight burning around her eye. They assured me that it was healing well and she is going to be ok. They said it did NOT blister and will be just fine. It is hard to know your baby is hurt and not be able to be there...to hug and hold and comfort her when she needs it. I know that Astrid and Christian are taking wonderful care of her. They love her so very much. We really are lucky.
We are starting to pack for our next trip. I cannot wait to see what Jay and Drew think about Emma! I am sure we are going to have 5 wild and crazy days ahead of us at the Marriott. I am doing to try to get them to venture out....maybe to the ZOO? I guess we will play it by ear and see what the climate is like in Gautemala. Guatemala has a run off election on November 4th. Keep the country in your thoughts. Elections in the past have been dangerous for the people of Guatemala. I pray that God puts someone in charge who is fair and honest and will put the needs of the people of Guatemala first!
Her are some pictures of Emma you probably haven't seen. I cannot wait to see her and get new pictures. I am also expecting new pictures of Emma and a medical. I am anxious to see how her little face is healing. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your love and continued support,
Amy

5 comments:

Amy said...

Amy...what great photos. I am so happy that you will have your little girl back in your arms soon! I am also glad to hear that her boo-boo is getting better. I pray that we both have our little girls home in our arms soon!!!

Jaimee said...

Amy, Miss Emma is so adorable, as always. I'm so glad to hear that her burn is healing well. What a relief. I cannot wait to hear all about your visit trip with the boys and Emma. You must tell me all the do's and do not's as we are planning to take our boys (2 & 4) on our pickup trip.

-Jaimee

Monica said...

Oh poor Emama. I hope she's okay and you get those pics soon so that you can see that she's fine and healed. Have fun on your trip! I'll look forward to seeing pics of your kids all together.
:)

Mindy said...

Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear about the accident. That had to be so hard to hear knowing you couldn't be there...but I am glad to hear that it is healing and that she is just fine....she is just so adorable!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!
Hugs

Jack and Susie said...

Hi Amy,
I am so sorry I haven't checked your blog in a few days! I'm so glad to hear Emma is healing well. It must have been frightful for you but thank God she is getting such great care. Yeah for your upcoming visit trip! I look forward to hearing all about it!
Susan