How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Reflecting on Thanksgiving

Many of our friends and family have asked what Thanksgiving was like for us this year. Honestly it was amazing---being OUT of PGN would make anything amazing and I still do not think our feet have touched the ground since we confirmed the news! Of course, it was difficult being away from what was familar to us. For almost 30 years Rob and I have been celebrating Thanksgiving with our families. For the over 15 years we have been together (dating and married), Thanksgiving has always been stressful for us....we always run from house to house and grandmothers to grandmothers...never wanting to hurt anyones feelings so always forcing ourselves to eat. I remember one Thanksgiving in High School where Rob and I ate at 6 different places in 1 day! Talk about work! Then I got smarter and would eat one thing at each stop--my mom always had the BEST dressing, Rob's mom had the best mashed potatoes, Nana's had sausage balls, Rob's grandma had deserts! Then the last few years Rob and I took the boys to Holden Beach in North Carolina. It was a great time to go as many poeple are not there and renting a great beach house is cheap! The boys loved having the beach to themselves and playing in the sand.
I am happy to report that this Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful too. We had the traditional things you would expect us to have like turkey, potatoes and corn and greenbeans. But there was NO DRESSING---one of my favorites! (We are leaving in a few minutes to go to my Mom's for a late Thanksgiving dinner with dressing!) Most importantly this Thanksgiving was spend with family and friends who are quickly becoming family. You never know where you are going to end up but as long as you surround yourself by good people---you will always be happy and memories will be made to last a lifetime.

Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving in Guatemala!


4 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE the photos! Looks like everyone had a great time...I am secretly jealous that you were with your daughter for Thanksgiving! I am so happy both our girls are out of PGN and almost home! What an amazing holiday season this is for our families. I hope the rest of Emma's adoption journey goes smoothly and quickly!

Congrats again on getting our of PGN!!!

Mindy said...

Awww...how amazing to get to be together. I am sure there were some yummy things that were missed but there is nothing like celebrating together and OMG the NEWS??? How can it even GET and BETTER then that! I am hoping for a quick pink for you guys!
Many Hugs

Jaimee said...

Amy...looking at your pictures makes me smile! I love them and I'm soooo happy for you, what a perfect Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

-Jaimee

Jack and Susie said...

What an absolutely beautiful family you have. I know you are so excited to have Emma OUT of PGN. I'm praying it works out that your pick-up with coincide with your visit trip! Enjoy your wonderful news!
Blessings,
Susan