How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

12-11 DNA is being processed!

I talked to the lab this morning. They have Emma's sample and are in the process of processing it. They said it typically is a 2-3 turn around. They also said that it should go to Guatemala on Friday or Monday at the latest. Let's pray it beats us there and arrives on Friday! We have confirmed that we will get Emma on Sunday December 16th! We are so excited. Drew and I have a count down and this morning when he woke up for school he said..."put your thumb down Mama." I said what? He said "last night it was your whole hand and now Tuesday is done....put your thumb down and let's count them!" Last night in bed we were talking about how many more days till we leave. (We leave on Saturday to stay all night and fly out 6:00ish Sunday morning. It was all my fingers!) He is so much like me. As soon as we are up and moving the day is done!

We are getting so so so CLOSE!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I love the countdown!!! I am counting down in my head (and on my hands) too!!! LOL

We are almost there!!!

Monica said...

That's wonderful! The 16th is a GREAT date.... it's MY birthday!
:)
Wishing you safe travels!

Amanda said...

Amy,
You're so close!!!!!

So you'll be there with us? The whole time? I'm getting confused about the details. Your Emma is YOURS!!! It's the only thing keeping me going these days. That your Emma is heading home.

Can't wait to see you 11 days later!
Amanda

"Aunt BB" said...

Have a safe trip and we will see ya when you get back!! I still say the Angel will have you home by christmas!!!!! Take care of my boys!!
Love Barb

Mindy said...

Ooooohhhh.....I am so excited for you! How WONDERFUL! ANd oh my do you EVER know how to SHOP!!!!
Hugs