How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

12-7 Second DNA DONE!

It was taken this morning and is on its way to the lab in North Carolina! We are so excited! I feel like we are in a dream---this doesn't even seem real. We are praying to have her home by Christmas, but are preparing for a Christmas celebration in Guatemala if she isn't home. Either way on Dec 17th--Emma will be given to me and I will NEVER have to hand her back! She will be ours forever!

The plan is for Mom, Drew and I to fly down to Guatemala on the 17th. If we can get her home by Christmas, we will pay whatever and come home. If we cannot, Rob, Dad and Jay will join us in Guatemala on the 24th. Then we will all return home when we can with EMMA!

We are so thankful for the love, prayers and support we have received. This journey has been a roller-roaster ride. We knew it wasn't going to be easy. I was always taught everything good times time and energy and isn't easy. But honestly, we could not have prepared ourselves for this journey.

As happy and excited we are to have Emma home, it is difficult for me to think about Emma's first family. They have loved her and cared for her and made her the adorable, healthy little girl she is today. They are not just people who did a "job" or "service" for us. I believe they are our family. I will do everything I can to keep in contact with them after we return home. I know this will be important for Emma when she is older. She will want to know as much about her first family and early months of live as she can. I will do everything I can to help her gain as much information as possible.

Thanks for reading, posting and supporting us!
Our family has grown and grown over this journey and I will always be thankful for the relationships Emma brought to us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy
i have been following your story and am so happy for your family. Have a great Christmas.
Sarah

"Aunt BB" said...

I am so happy for you all!! Lets keep praying that we are all home together for Christmas!!! The angel is watching over us all!!!!

Shelia said...

I am so excited that you NEVER have to give her back again!! I am even more excited to get to hold her and be her "Aunt". Be safe and I'll be waiting when you get home.

Amy said...

Yeah...that is awesome news!!! We should be picking up that week, so hopefully we can meet up. Are you staying at the Marriott??? I think that is where we will be staying.

I will be praying for you!