How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

12-22 (early morning post)

Emma got up for her 3:00 am bottle and I cannot go back to sleep. So what better thing to do than update her blog and add some new pictures.

Yesterday was really pretty good after we dealt with the fact that our DNA results were lost and we are going to be MUCH here longer than expected. I truly believed we would all come home on Dec 31 with the "boys". I thought we would be starting 2008 introducing Emma to everyone who is so so so excited to meet our little angel...but it looks like God has other plans for Emma's arrival home...and it is OK. She is coming home and I have to be patient (those of you that know me well know patience is NOT one of my virtues) and sit back and enjoy the end of this amazing journey. I am now wondering at $145 a night - with no end in sight - if leaving my job was the best choice for me?! Maybe I needed to stay on full time to pay my hotel bill that is quickly turning into a NIGHTMARE BILL! It will all work out...and I have no idea how I could leave Emma to work full time. She gets upset when I leave the room to go to the bathroom without her! I am seeing some of that classic 9 month old separation anxiety...and honestly what did we expect? Of course, she is going to panic and worry when I leave...so many others have had to leave her and not been able to return.

I am not sure who will stay with me after the 31st. We are just going to have to see what the next week brings and then make the best decision for everyone. We are so excited for the boys to arrive. Drew is counting down the days till Jay is here to play. Jay keeps saying how much he misses his brother. (I am going to remind both of them this after Jay is here about 2 hours and they are fighting over something---I am a realist I know it is going to happen!)

Here are some pictures.











I will continue to update with pictures but there will be no more "PINK related" updates until the first of the year. I am not sure if the lab was able to get the resend the results yesterday or not. EVERYTHING is closed in Guatemala next week....so January 2nd will be our next waiting date for more case related updates about Emma's returning home. We have a great week planned and I refuse to focus on the disappointment of the Embassy's mistake any longer!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Emma is beautiful ... hope you are all home soon !!!!

Amanda said...

Good for you for your resiliency! Enjoy your kids and the holiday and we'll rejoice in our girls together once we arrive. We'll keep you busy, I promise.

Amanda

Jennifer said...

I love all these pictures! It's wonderful how the boys seem to have "fallen in love" with Emma! As for the DNA mess-up, the only positive thing I can think of is that you get this extra bonding time away from all the hustle and bustle of home. Who knows, it might make the transition a little easier for Emma. We're looking forward to seeing you after New Year's!

--Jennifer (maccafan)