How old is Emma today?

Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

She is here

It was a rough evening for everyone. There was horrible traffic and Emma arrived very late. We actually thought there was a change in plans and she wasn't going to come until tomorrow. When Astrid and Christian brought her here it was very hard. They thought she was leaving tomorrow so they got the call and said "take her to the hotel"...how tough is that? I hate to see the pain they are dealing with...their love for Emma is amazing.

They stayed for about a half of an hour and then said their tearful goodbyes and left. It was really tough. Drew and Emma played for a few minutes on the couch before she realized they were gone....and she started to cry. She ate a little of her bottle and went to bed.

I will post pictures tomorrow. I have been up since 3:30 am OH time and I about to crash.

Please keep her first family in your thoughts and prayers. Astrid said Sofia was very, very upset to tell Emma bye. This is so difficult for everyone.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Amy, I have waited all day for this. I can't tell you how happy i am for you. What a blessing.
Love Monica

Jaimee said...

Amy...I am crying right now. I cannot imagine what Astrid must be going through, especially thinking they had 1 more day. I know I will be going through this in about 2 weeks and it just breaks my heart into a million pieces. On a good note, I got an e-mail from my foster mother with her phone number. I am going to call Isabela tomorrow and talk to her. I'll probably call several times over the next 2 weeks so that she can hear my voice. Hang in there sweetie and get some sleep. I can't wait to see pictures.

-Jaimee

Shelia said...

I know this had to be hard on you and for Emma. Astrid has taken such great care of Emma and they all love her so much. I am sure Emma will grow up knowing she has always been loved by everyone who has come into her live. She is such a true blessing from God.

Monica said...

Oh that does bring tears to my eyes to imagine the loss they will feel not having Emma with them any more.... but what JOY I know you and your family feels Amy. And I know that you will always stay in touch with her first family so they will always get to see how happy she is with her real family.
Love to all of you!!!
xoxo
Monica